Posted by Parveen on October 23, 2013
BTI is very fortunate to have great clients who continue to trust their brand’s communication and launch to BTI. When one of our past clients asked us to create and launch a new company and a line of 100% juice products for the U.S. school market, we were thrilled to take on the challenge.
To differentiate the line, we leveraged the iconic look of America’s historic Route 66 and created a new brand called Fruit66 with 8 great refreshing flavours to be sold in schools, retailers and restaurants. The package design had to appeal to a trio of stakeholders – kids, parents and school nutritionists across the country.
After creating the brand identity and package, we supported the launch with a series of strategic tactics:
- Sell sheets used by the sales force including custom sell sheets focused on specific distribution channels
- Advertising in magazines targeting all three target markets
- Created a tradeshow strategy with the design of the booth along with giveaways (and t-shirts), product sampling, event invitations, and a pre-event party
- Email and direct mail campaigns targeting the schools
- Point of purchase material for both school and retail channels
- Designed a new website with integration to an ecommerce platform
- Social media campaign and ongoing social media brand reputation management
The combination of the clean, slim metallic can with the boldness of the iconic logo proved to be an instant success. Fruit 66 is now available in schools throughout every State in the Continental U.S.
With the success of 2 juice product lines under the Fruit 66 brand, we were challenged again to expand the product line by developing a new more edgier brand of 100% carbonated fruit juices.
Once we had final buy-in to the brand name as EPIC, we designed the packaging and prepared all the launch material required to quickly get the product into the marketplace. The launch was supported with trade magazine ads, sell sheets, a tradeshow program, updates to the website along with in-store and school POP kits.
We saw orders piling in during the initial launch at the national conference for the School and Nutrition Association and brokers have had a lot of success getting retailers to place Fruit 66 EPIC on their shelves.
As a result, sales for 2012 have set a record high for the company including being recognized as Inc. 5000’s America’s fastest growing private companies.
BTI’s creativity and execution expertise allowed 4U2U Brands to launch a new brand/product and continue to expand the product line.
Are you launching a new product or business? Let BTI use its years of experience to help you successfully launch and expand your business.