Posted by Shashi on May 22, 2013
Goal: Arm the retail sales associates with product knowledge so they can sell more Whirlpool® products with confidence!
For over 5 years, BTI Brand Innovations (BTI) has been helping Whirlpool Canada manage and execute a Canada-wide roadshow to increase product knowledge of the retail sales associates. The roadshow consists of a large production in 4 major Canadian cities and a scaled version in 12 smaller cities.
Using the best of experiential marketing tactics and attendee feedback, BTI continues to improve this roadshow each year with substantial increases in annual attendance that produces real results:
- In 2012, over 4,900 associates attended the roadshow, representing over 70% of all Canadian appliance retail sales associates. This was the largest attended roadshow in the history of Whirlpool Canada.
- Sales increased significantly in the month following the roadshow. Substantial sales increases were experienced for the appliance models covered during the roadshow training.
- 94% of attendees were Extremely Satisfied with the roadshow.
- Retail sales associates rated Whirlpool Canada’s roadshow as the Best in Class event when measured against all other appliance manufacturers.
For each roadshow event, BTI is retained to plan, manage and execute the entire roadshow. Amongst many elements, BTI implemented each of the following tactics:
- Developed a theme that focuses on specific corporate/product strategic priorities to excite the attendees
- Created all marketing communication materials (booklets, handouts, banners, presentations, videos, etc.)
- Created and sent both email and printed invitations including pre-invitation “save the date” emails
- Developed and managed a custom registration website which provides reports to manage headcount and hold key players accountable for signups
- Developed and deployed system-generated reminder emails
- Event Management including; venue selection & booking, room layout design, logistics, on-site management, setup and tear down of main room and up to 3 training rooms with appliances and displays, audio/visual arrangements, meal arrangements, greet and check-in guests, hand out materials to attendees, prize winner selection, etc.
- Deployed post-event survey to gather retail sales associates’ feedback and provide reports to Whirlpool Canada
- Regular planning and status reporting meetings with the entire roadshow team
Engaging sales associates is a part of Whirlpool Canada’s overall marketing communication plan to increase sales. This roadshow results in highly confident sales associates that continue to produce real results – increase in sales and a highly motivated sales force.
Through BTI’s management of the entire roadshow, the event not only exceeds in satisfaction survey results but does so within the allotted budget.
Watch this short case study video of the 2012 roadshow tactics and results.
Get BTI involved during the planning stages of your event to maximize your results.